CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 27, 2008

"A Smokers Always a Smoker When The Chips Are Down"

Quitting smoking wasn't hard for me. It wasn't he nicotine I was addicted to, it was the consistency of it. Something stable when it felt like the rest of the world was crashing down. Though I remain in good health, I can see why someone (not me) would be willing to gamble their health away.

Not much stays the same, we are in a world that is constantly changing, evolving. We change everything- jobs, cars, styles, and most of us haven't been in a relationship that hasn't ended. And though you can't change your family they can certainly change on you.

Don't get me wrong. Change is often a good thing, but whether it's good or bad it's easy to be scared of. You will never be scared a cigarette is going to leave you, or that something hurt it. You will never love a cigarette.

This isn't just a poor girl trying to make excuses for her vices. This is just a changing girl trying to make sense of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's what I've decided (Read: how I make my excuses) You can be a social smoker. You are only a smoker if you've done it alone which I have avoided. The fact that a ciggarette made me feel better yesterday is regardless. And toy know all about the craziness that is ...all that... so why the hell wouldn't I? Right? Well timed bloggity you ugly, ugly gal you.

Anonymous said...

Oh babe..... There are SO many BETTER things you could put in your mouth on a consistent basis.

I'm sure I don't need to list them. ;)

I understand the need for consistency, however, there are so many other things we can do. Of course, I would never judge anyone for the choices that they make, it's just that, I've been there, and seen the destruction, and I do know there are better choices.

In fact, you've witnessed the destruction as well........ I'm sure you remember standing at that guys death bed, with only one lung and refusing to quit smoking. You were quite young when we flew out to attempt to help him, when, it wasn't really help he wanted, he was begging for death.

I would encourage anyone by just wanting them to know that their life is worth it, and they are loved. You never know how you touch someone's life till much later.

Like I always say........... 'choose a non-smoker - they taste better'. :)

I love you!!!